02 Nov Call for SRDBA Board Nominations
Good news—SRDBA election season is here! 2024 potentially will be an exciting time for clubs and athletes. SRDBA is looking for nominations of individuals willing to serve on the board and together support athletes and clubs in our region in achieving their goals.
Nominations and Elections at a glance
- We will accept nominations up until 14 November 2023.
- Nominations must be emailed to [email protected] by midnight on 14 November.
- Regional positions: Any regional member in good standing may nominate himself or herself, or another member in good standing, for the following open regional positions: President, Treasurer, and Membership Director. More information about the positions and term of office may be found by following the link provided below.
- State positions – Any member in good standing* residing in a state on a full or part-time basis may nominate himself or herself, or another resident member in good standing of that state to serve in the position of State Director. The State Director positions that are becoming open are South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia.
- *To be eligible for nomination, you must be a current (2023) individual member of SRDBA, and all board members will be required to renew 2024 individual membership in January. Membership is open year-round for each calendar year and registration information can be found here: Join SRDBA – SRDBA.
- Elections will take place electronically 1 – 14 December.
- Members in good standing will receive voting invitations as follows:
- All Individual members will be offered the opportunity to vote for Regional positions.
- Individual members residing in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee will also separately be offered the opportunity to vote in their State Director election.
- Clubs will have the opportunity to vote for Regional positions. Therefore, an individual who is also their club representative will have the option to submit two votes for Regional positions: one vote as an individual and one vote as their club representative.
- Clubs in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee will also separately be offered the opportunity to vote in their State Director election.
- Festivals will have the opportunity to vote for Regional positions.
- Festivals in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee will also separately be offered the opportunity to vote in their State Director election.
- Election Results: The Election Results will be communicated to the SRDBA Membership on 20 December 2023.
- AGM (Annual General Meeting)
- The AGM will take place virtually on Wednesday 27 December at 8 PM Eastern. All dragon boat athletes, supporters, club organizers, corporate sponsors, festival organizers, and water sport business owners, as well as any individuals in the community interested in learning about the future of the sport in our region are welcome to attend!
- Open positions are listed below. Descriptions are attached.
President (2-year term)
Treasurer (2-year term)
Membership Director (2-year term)
State Director (2-year term) – Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee
*Should zero nominations be received for one of the four states electing a new state director, that state’s directorship will be filled by an at-large director.
Kelly Hood, SRDBA President